The cost of supporting a legacy system continues to rise. It is becoming increasingly difficult to replace the individuals who are experts on the older technologies. IRG can smooth the transition from an aging technology to a more modern platform and methodology.
IRG has resources skilled in cutting edge technologies as well as experts in the traditional platforms, both of which are important for a successful modernization project.
IRG can provide the following services, which are typically required as part of an effort to modernize legacy applications:
- Inventory of current system functionality, which may require reading program code if system documentation is incomplete
- Technical architecture design for the new system
- Analysis, design, coding, and testing of the new system to replicate functionality
- Data conversion
- Maintenance services, if required, for the legacy system until it is fully retired
- Knowledge transfer for your support staff and end-user training